About Pewitt Law
Pewitt Law helps individuals facing criminal charges in Western Washington. Located in downtown Seattle in the heart of Puget Sound, Pewitt Law Office is located close to Madrona, Madison Park, Capitol Hill, and is a quick ferry ride from Bainbridge Island.
About Sheri Pewitt
A former public defender for Snohomish County, Ms. Pewitt has a reputation for successfully handling all aspects of a criminal defense case, including the arraignment, legal motions, negotiation, trial, and sentencing.
Attorney Sheri Pewitt has devoted her legal career to defending individuals accused of crimes and has represented over a thousand clients in municipal, district, and superior court. She is especially passionate about ensuring that individual constitutional rights are protected, honored, and not violated by public officials. She has significant experience defending DUIs and other criminal traffic violations, domestic violence, serious crimes, and misdemeanor charges.
Pewitt has earned a reputation as a strong courtroom presence who vigorously advocates for her clients using her significant courtroom experience and specialized legal training.
A small sampling of Ms. Pewitt's specialized training includes:
- Washington State Bar Association Pro Tem Judge Training
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer's College – Death Penalty Seminar
- NCDD Serious Science for Serious Lawyers: Advanced Course in Blood Alcohol Analysis
- NCDD Winter Session Defending DUI
- NCDD Mastering Scientific Evidence in DWI Case
- WA Foundation for Criminal Justice: Defending the Marijuana DUI
- WA Foundation for Criminal Justice: Defending DUIs in Washington State
- Certified in SFST Administration per NHTSA standards – Robert La Pier & Associates
- King County Inter-local Conflict Resolution Group – 40 hour mediation training
- Pewitt, Sleep Driving in Snohomish County, Washington Criminal Defense, Vol. 26 No. 4, (2012)
- Pewitt, To See or Not to See: Law Enforcement Use of Body Worn Cameras NW Lawyer (2017)
Ms. Pewitt developed her passion for criminal defense and decided to attend law school after serving as a juror in King County Superior Court Judge McDermott's courtroom. During law school, Ms. Pewitt worked as a Legal Extern for Judge McDermott, a Rule 9 Attorney for Snohomish County Public Defender Association and as a Law Clerk in the Sexually Violent Predator Unit at the Washington State Attorney General's Office.
Ms. Pewitt graduated magna cum laude from the Seattle University School of Law and represented Seattle University as a member of its National Moot Court Team. Ms. Pewitt also represented Seattle University School of Law at regional negotiation and client counseling competitions after finishing first in both university level competitions. She served as a member of Seattle University's Alternative Dispute Resolution Board, creating opportunities for students to increase awareness and use of alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Pewitt received her B.A. from Washington State University and earned her M.B.A. from the University of Washington. Prior to attending law school, she worked in business, cross cultural training and international marketing.
Ms. Pewitt is a member of the National College for DUI Defense, Gerry Spence Trial College, Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Washington Defender Association, Washington State Bar Association, King County Bar Association, and Citizens for Judicial Excellence.
Get The Help You Need
Get in touch with Attorney Pewitt for a free consultation to discuss your case. Ms. Pewitt will clearly explain the criminal and civil charges you face and will provide you with the knowledge necessary to understand the process and feel more informed.